collected is used. No personal information is collected however
information is collected about how users access and use this website.
1. The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what
information is collected, but if you choose not to share your
information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this
a. How information is collected
This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call Buckle and Jones.
b. What information is collected The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your
visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address,
approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length
of visit and number of page views);
- if you call Buckle and Jones, your phone and/or
mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of
your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
c. Using cookies or other on-device storage
Cookies are information files stored on your computer
that help websites remember you. Cookies may be used on this site to
to opt out of using them, please read section 6 – Using cookies on this
website and how you can reject them.
2. How information collected is used
a. When you use this website
b. Customisation of this website and advert targeting
The information collected when you use this website
may be used to build up a picture of your interests oin relation to our products. This information
may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website,
you don't miss offers and information that might interest you. This is
called advert targeting.
c. Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the
website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share
it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of any internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners' websites to this website.
For these purposes, the information on the path you
take to get to the website and on some of the pages you visit or use
through the website, using cookies, web beacons and other on-device
storage will be retained. You cannot be personally identified from the
information that is collected on this website. For information about
web beacons, or the organisation used (including how to decline their
cookies), please read section 6 - Using cookies on this website and how
you can reject them.
d. Analysing call volumes
If you call Buckle and Jones using the number featured
on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of
the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the
call was answered or not. This information will be used by Buckle and Jones to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
3. Disclosure of your information
Your information will not be passed to any other commercial organisations
Every now and again, requests are received for
information from government departments, the police and other
enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal
basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the
organisation asking for it.
4. Where your information is processed
When your information is used as described in section 2
- How information collected is used, this may occasionally involve
sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your
information. By using this website, you agree that your information may
be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
5. How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously.
Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information
6. Using cookies on the website and how you can reject them
- A cookie is a piece of information that a website
transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard
disk so that the website can remember who you are and information about
your visit. Cookies can help to display the information on a website in
Two types of cookies may be used on this website.
- The first type is a ‘session-based’ cookie. This
means that it is only saved on your hard disk for the time you are using
the website. Within the website these cookies are used to understand
how users navigate through the web site.
- The second type of cookie used stays on your hard
disk for up to five years. This ‘persistent’ cookie helps the number
of different people coming to the site be understood, rather than the
total number of times the site is used. Without the persistent cookie,
if you visited the site once each week for three weeks you would be
counted as three separate users. On the website, these cookies are used
to manage the adverts shown to visitors and to make sure that each
visitor doesn’t see the same advert too often, as well as understand how
frequently you use the website and any services provided on the
- Your personal information is not stored in either
type of cookie. Cookies are only used to analyse the effectiveness of
the website and to help make the website better for users.
- If you do not want a website to create a cookie
on your computer, most web browsers provide the option to disable them.
However, the website may not work properly if you reject the cookies.
- If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium's website or visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website.